Anthroposophic Pharmaceutical Codex (APC), edition 4.2, 2020IAAP International Association of Anthroposophic Pharmacists
ANTHROPOSOPHIC PHARMACEUTICAL CODEX APC
Introductory Note APC edition 4.2, 2020
International Association of Anthroposophic Pharmacists, IAAP
The IAAP is the international umbrella organisation of the national associations of Anthroposophic Pharmacists.
Its purpose, objective and tasks are, in detail:
• To represent anthroposophic pharmacy in the anthroposophic-medical movement and in public life on an international level: Anthroposophic pharmacy is understood as an extension of conventional pharmacy.
• To establish standards regarding further education and training as well as practice in anthroposophic pharmacy (including but not limited to retail pharmacy).
• To set quality standards regarding manufacturing methods and substances used for anthroposophic medicinal products.
• To provide references for the anthroposophic use of the substances used in anthroposophic pharmacy
• To promote research in anthroposophic pharmacy.
• To achieve international recognition by specialised publications and training material for anthroposophic pharmacists.
• To certify national training programmes in anthroposophic pharmacy.
• To certify individuals as anthroposophic pharmacists.
• To establish a cooperative network between anthroposophic pharmacists to exchange information and best practice throughout the world.
• To award the quality label “Anthromed® Pharmacy” to pharmacies which have competence in advice and manufacture of anthroposophic medicines.
• To initiate / coordinate international activities.
It is in respect of setting and maintaining the quality standards that the Board is pleased to publish edition 4.2 of the Anthroposophic Pharmaceutical Codex (APC).
Only minor changes to the edition 4.1 have been made.
The monographs and requirements of the current version of the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur. 10.1) have been taken into account. Some references for use have been added. All substantive amendments to the previous edition are marked by a line to the side of the text.
In addition, four new substances, missing in edition 4.1, have been added.
The APC is reviewed and updated by an anthroposophic pharmaceutical committee reporting to the IAAP board.